Thursday, April 26, 2012

Resolution

Yes. I realize it's April. But I wanted to talk about New Year's resolutions. And I can do that because this is my blog.

A 2007 study by some dude at the University of Bristol showed that 88% of those who set New Year's resolutions fail, despite the fact that 52% of the study's participants were confident of success at the beginning. Side note: 52% is not very much...why even make a resolution if you're certain you're going to fail?

So many people have resolutions to lose weight, spend more time with their family, quit smoking, or save money. While these are all very advantageous lifestyle changes, I wanted to make mine one that challenged me, but wasn't overused. Sure, I'll still work on all those other things (minus quitting smoking- no need for that one!), but my New Year's Resolution was something that I thought of on my own:

Make someone smile every day. 

So far, I've succeeded. It may be something as simple as telling someone I like their hair that day, swhoing someone a hilarious picture of a baby hippo kissing someone, or just giving someone a hug when they need it most.

Making people smile makes me smile, and that, my friends, is a good thing.

Here's your wonderfully fun picture for they day! I hope it makes you smile!

I feel like this all the time.
And just because I love you, here's another one. I saw it and it reminded me of the time my sister posted it because she had to keep telling her daughter, "No, you need pants to go outside."


No comments:

Post a Comment