Monday, September 2, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Well, it's been a while since I last posted.

Guess what! Zach and I bought a house! Eek!

It's a long story, but it all happened so fast! The house went on the market on a Friday, we looked at it on Saturday, and they accepted our offer on Sunday! It's a charming 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom split-level home in Plymouth, MN. A little over a mile from Zach's school, it's in a perfect neighborhood close to everything we could ever need (stores, restaurants, freeways), and I love everything about it. I am currently living at the house, and Zach will move in next summer after we get married.

I also traveled to Connecticut for work for 5 days, and got to see a little bit of New York City! It was a stressful week with long hours, but Zach and I talked on the phone each night and the breakfast at the hotel was smashing...so it was okay. Brian (my coworker) and I took the 7:00 train into NYC on Tuesday and got there around 8:15. Brian really wanted to see the Empire State Building, so we walked over there and I didn't want to pay $50 to go to the top, so I waited at the bottom for him. While he was touristing, I watched 2,337 people walk by in front of me. Yes. I counted.

Then we walked over to Times Square to find something to eat. We didn't find much in the Square, but one block away we found the Brooklyn Diner. Overpriced comfort food. Yum.

My first view of Grand Central Station! It was big. 
Times Square! It was bright. It was smelly. I think it was trash day. 
Nice shot of Grand Central Station and the Chrysler Building.
'Murica
Last weekend, Zach and I went to the Minnesota State Fair - here are a few highlights:

BIGGEST. BUNNY. EVER. See the regular-sized bunny behind it. 
As loud as this southern dude was... I still took a nap on the bench. Zach made sure I didn't drool.
This guy sheared the sheep in about 2 minutes all in one piece! Impressive.
We ate LOTS of food and walked around at lot. We saw a calf take its first steps, ate mini donut ice cream, and saw an impromptu performance of Spamalot. I would list all of the food we ate, but then I would just feel guilty, so I'm just gonna let you use your imagination. We did have LOTS of water as it was 10,000 degrees at the fair.

Without further ado - our new home!
Isn't it cute?! Yes, I know the garage light is out.
Entryway to the house. Lookit the adorable hooks!
Kitchen right off the front door. Window overlooks the street.


Dining room. Love love LOVE the table. There's a story here. Ask me if you want to know.
Sliding doors to the patio.

Upstairs LIVING room. Not FAMILY room, as I was sorely mistaken. We have minimal furniture. Needs a piano. And another chair.

Master bedroom. I only have a twin-sized comforter, I know.
Upstairs bathroom
Not-so-organized office. But it's getting there!
Downstairs FAMILY room (not LIVING room)! I'm sitting on that couch right now! So comfy!

We call this the "guitar room"

Half-finished laundry room. Love that I have my own washer and dryer!
Downstairs bathroom
Patio right off the dining room.
And the HUGE backyard!!!! Love it. All fenced in, with a shed over there on the left. It needs a little TLC, but it's all ours!
That's our house! You're welcome to come over any time - I (we) love company! 

Can't end a post without your funny pictures. :)


Someone fell asleep in the rain.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Laura, I just love your blog posts. The way you write is EXACTLY the way you speak and it makes me smile. I cannot even wait to see your (and Zach's) beautiful house/home. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the house pictures! Your place is so cute and updated! Slightly jealous..... Can't wait to come visit!

    ReplyDelete