1. I got a new nephew! John William Boote and now he's almost a year old!
2. I made a beautiful quiche.
3. My mother visited and helped me handmake over 200 wedding invitations...and then change them when we had to move our venue.
4. I ran a 10k, and Zach ran a half marathon!
5. We built a fire pit in our yard! Pretend the photos are in reverse order.
6. I built things
7. We built ourselves a little raised bed garden.
8. My husband bought me a bike!
9. Seating charts were made.
10. Arches were built by fathers.
11. I put together a bed all by myself.
12. My best friend threw me a bachelorette party.
13. Zach and I went to one last Twins game as single people.
14. We celebrated Zach's successful defense of his Master's Thesis.
15. We got married! There were cute people there.
16. We went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon! I'll do another post on this at some point.
17. We celebrated my Granddad's 90th birthday on July 12th.
18. We went to our first Twins game as married people!
19. We bought a piano!
20. I went to New York for a business trip. How adult of me.
21. I had my very first Klondike Bar.
22. Zach and I were able to steal away from the cities for a short vacation over MEA weekend.
23. I turned 25 on Thursday and had a wonderful last few days with a lovely husband.
This next part is for Emily.
Recently, I've begun making weekly menus, then shopping once on Sunday for the meals the rest of the week. On one Sunday recently, I passed the frozen burritos in Target and thought to myself...why can't I do that? I'm sure it would be cheaper. And healthier. And yummier. So I did.
(Sorry Emily, I don't have photos. Use your imagination)
Recipe for 8 beef burritos, 8 chicken burritos
16 - 10" tortillas (or whatever size you want)
2 cans black beans
2 cans refried beans
2 cups shredded cheese (I used the Mexican blend, you can use whatever kind you like)
~1 pound ground beef, browned and taco seasoning added
2-3 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
3-4 cups rice, cooked
1 can tomato paste
1 medium onion
1. Saute the onion until tender (I added some butter and garlic powder to my onions). Add the onion and tomato paste to the cooked rice and stir until well mixed.
2. Drain and rinse the black beans
3. Assemble your burritos. If you're smart, you'll put the ground beef with the refried beans and the chicken with the black beans, but I wasn't thinking clearly when I made mine and did the beef/black beans and chicken/refried beans. Still tasty.
a. Layer as follows on tortilla: rice, beans, meat, cheese. Fold up and wrap in Saran Wrap.
b. Can put in gallon bags and freeze right away.
4. To eat, replace Saran Wrap with paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes on high.
a. Good with salsa or guacamole!
I hope you've made it this far. To reward you, I give you three pictures!